[blparent] something comical

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Wed Jul 29 21:33:28 UTC 2009

We were actually headed for the more American style restaurant downstairs
but the person at the door took us upstairs.  First off, they were in shock
when we each wanted a brazed chicken.  (The chickens in China are tiny. At
least all the pieces I ate lead me to believe so.)  So we split one order.
When it was brought to us, it was not that much to eat.  You see, they just
chop up the chicken bone and all and you pick the meat off.  Then--I had no
clue what was happening when it did--my husband said, "She doesn't need
that."  When I asked after they walked away and he and our friend who went
with us told me they were going to put a bib on me, I was at first dismayed.
Afterwards we had a good laugh over it.  I don't remember if we ever got
them to fill the glass all the way or if I just drank it.
Barbara

If wisdom's ways you wisely seek, five things observe with care:  of whom
you speak, to whom you speak, and how and when and where.