[blparent] solids after digestive trouble

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Tue Mar 10 12:18:11 UTC 2009

Bland food.

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Jo Elizabeth Pinto
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 2:50 PM
To: NFBnet Blind Parents Mailing List
Subject: [blparent] solids after digestive trouble

Hi.  Sarah had her one year vaccinations on Friday.  She'd done well
with the previous shots, but this time she ran a fever, then started
having diarrhea and vomiting.  She's been miserable all weekend.  The
doctor's office speculates that she has a tummy bug and that her
sickness has nothing to do with the vaccinations.  I'm not sure I
believe that, but it's neither here nor there, I guess.  I was worried
that Sarah would get dehydrated, so her dad and I forced her to drink a
few ounces of a hydration liquid last night.  Finally, she's taken two
bottles today and kept them down.  So my next question is, what solid
foods would be best to try with her now?  I don't want her to start
vomiting again.  She'd never gotten sick like that before, poor thing,
and I have to say it was a bit of a shock how much one little baby could
spurt out!  It's been stressful and exhausting for all of us, and I'd
like to know how best to put it behind us as far as eating goes.

Thanks,
Jo Elizabeth

"Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one
holds water."--Swedish proverb