[blparent] Carrying a baby while out and about

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:34:15 UTC 2009

I have used a sling and a front pack. I love both. My son a little over a
month old really likes both but the sling I find easier to get him in and
out of. It's great for mall trips and things like that. The car seat is hard
even when you don't use a cane at least in the winter. If there are snow
banks and things like that I have to get help. For some reason the cab thing
applies here as well but, many drivers will not take your baby without a car
seat anyway. That makes things complicated when you have tons of groceries.
We usually end up carring the baby on the bus in the front pack and carrying
a back pack full of stuff not to mention the things we carry in our hands
plus the diaper bag. UGH what a pile of stuff. We had to do that recently it
was quite an adventure. The sling is great too because it puts the child in
a more fetal position which seems more comfy for the baby. I can see where
it would be great for a cane user like my husband is because it gives you
the ability to walk hands free to maneuver. I didn't like the sling at first
as I had a hard time figuring out how it works but, now I live it.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!