[blparent] an exciting day

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sun May 3 02:39:06 UTC 2009

Gab made her first communion today!
The day was great.  We left the house at 9:15 and got to the Santa Ana event
center about 9:40- it was raining a bit.
We then dropped Gab off with her class and found our way to a perfect seat.

280 children came in in groups of 70, boy was that a long introduction to
the Mass.  But the music was beautiful.
After the mass, chuck and 280 parents had to fight their way through the
crowds to pick up our children.  Wow, was that exciting- I hate crowds- I
held on to him for dear life.
Then after waiting for what seemed a life time we made it out of the parking
lot and went to Olive Garden for lunch with 11 others.  We waited for 45
minutes and finally were seated. Boy was I starving by then.
After that the sun came out for just a bit until we stopped by Walmart to
pick up the cake, then the heavens opened up and boy did it rain.  Luckily
it waited until chuck and I made it back to the car.
The cake was so yummy, white cake with raspberry filling and chocolate ice
cream- not WW friendly.  I also brought some huge strawberries that were as
sweet as candy- yum!
And can you believe it, Gab's hair stayed curled.  But getting the curlers
out this morning was a nightmare- some were stuck and a cuple we actually
just cut out.  Gab and I agreed, the hair will grow back.
Yes, indeed, it was an exciting day! V