[blparent] braille and print books for children

Eileen Levin eileenlevin at comcast.net
Mon May 11 02:30:04 UTC 2009

My friend who eventually became a teacher of the blind I just gave her a
list of letters and a complete list of Braille contractions and she
memorized them mostly on her own.

I had a pen pal in high school that I copied a variety of short shories into
the level of Braille that she was fluent in. We spent quite a few hours
sharing stories through the mail this way.I mostly sent her stories that I
had found interesting to me!