[blparent] working from home.

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 17:59:37 UTC 2009

Well, I'm not Pipi, but I think I know what she means.  For me, it comes
down to not letting the grandparents take them for extended periods of time
until they're older; not putting them in childcare where ever you go, not
letting everybody hold him or her all the time...  I know people think I'm
rude sometimes, or that I don't trust people and I think they take offense
to it, but my babies are my babies, and I don't feel the need to separate
from them when they are so young and dependent upon me.  I suppose you could
say I fall under the label of attachment parenting, though a label is just a
label.  I kept Kaelyn in the church services with me until she was 9 months
old, even though I'm the head of the nursery and I know it's run to my
satisfaction most of the time, and I know the volunteers who run it.  I just
like having my baby with me.  I'll probably keep her with me at National
Convention this year too.  I just can't bring myself to put her in NFB Camp.
My older 2 will go to camp, but my 1 year old will stay with me.  Not sure
if that's exactly what Pipi meant, but that's how it is for me. *smile*
It may have a little to do with all the medical stuff my kids have had to go
through, but I don't know.  Maybe it's just my personality.  My older 2 are
very independent, so it hasn't ruined them any. *smile*
Leanne
"Faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1