[blparent] sad time

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:11:54 UTC 2009

Hi V,
I think you are doing the right things for her.  It would probably be good
for her to talk to a counselor about it.  I had the same issues shortly
after my grandfather died when I was 9.  I would have panic attacks thinking
that I was dying.  I can remember being very frightened during these
attacks.  It passed, and I never talked to anyone, but I know that's
something that would have helped me a lot.  It was a fear of death and not
understanding how the body works that caused my attacks.  Maybe you can help
her by talking to her about the body and about how death is usually caused
by sickness or old age, and assure her that she doesn't have any reason to
fear?  I'm sorry she is going through this, and I hope she can get past it
very soon.  Always good to ask a doctor just in case, as well.
Take care,
Leanne