[blparent] accessable cell phones?

kcook715 at knology.net kcook715 at knology.net
Thu Oct 8 18:38:38 UTC 2009

Vzw has a phone built in with talks the htc ozone, my husband has it. If u have any questions let me know if u have any questions.

From: "Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS)" <REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:57:42
To: <blparent at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [blparent] accessable cell phones?

Hi guys.
I don't know if this offtopic for this list or not.
Anyway, I'm thinking I want an accessable cell phone and am trying to
decide between AT&T and Verizon. We have Verizon and our contract is up.
A trip to the Verizon store and a talk on their phone about accessable
options was to say the least not very confidence enspiring. I had to
tell the Verizon lady on the phone and the guy at the store about Talks,
both seemed unaware of it.
AT&T seems to have a phone with Mobilespeak that will do what I want.
Does anybody on this list know anything about either plan or option and
have any feedback?
AT&T says if I give them proof of my blindness they will take the data
package off the phone with Mobilespeak. I am not a big cell phone user,
don't really want the data package, but nor do I want to give AT&T any
medical info.
All I want is a phone where I can add contacts, use menus and know who's
calling.
Thoughts?