[blparent] accessable cell phones?

Eva Adams eadams15 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:25:44 UTC 2009

Hi Rebecca,
I have a phone with at&t with mobile speak on it. The thing that I like
about at&t and t mobile is that they have more phone available that you can
put mobile speak on. At&t has a deal that if you buy one of the phones they
offer that you can get mobile speak for $89 with tax. After tax it comes out
to be about $95. They have about 5 phones that they offer the $89 mobile
speak on. I am not sure about the data plan. The only phone I have heard of
that you have to have a data plan with is the IPhone. I just signed a new
contract in February, and got my pantech duo then with the mobile speak, and
didn't have to do a data plan. Maybe that is a new thing within the last
couple of months.

Verizon has only one phone that I know of that you can put mobile speak on.
They don't have a disability office, so I wouldn't be surprised if none of
the people know of mobile speak. If you aren't wanting full accessibility
Verizon has the lg that has some speech built in. The most recent one that
has come out that I know of is the lg nv2. It will tell u who is calling,
your battery status, time, contacts, and send and receive text messages.
There might be a couple of other things, but I can't remember.

If you have anymore questions just ask. I could probably get more
information about verizons lg phone if you want. I have a few different
friends that use the lg nv2. I also have the number for at&t disability line
if you need that.

Eva