[blparent] Items you couldn't live without

Nikki Fugett-Dobens nfugett at cinci.rr.com
Sat Oct 10 16:02:59 UTC 2009

Angela,
My daughter is 15 months, and I remember when she was born, I wanted to buy
her everything, and I kind of still do.  There is so much out there, when
you go register for baby showers that it can be overwhelming.
One thing that I got that was way too expensive was the baby bath tub with
shower and spaw unit.  It looked so cute on the package, and it was $40.  Of
course, you need a bath tub for the baby, but I kind of wish I would have
just looked for a basic tub.  We've never used the shower spaw part, and now
she's wanting to climb out into the regular tub, and have the regular shower
spray on her.  To make a long story short, the tubs look so cute and trendy,
but I would recommend just a basic one.
I did buy lots of things that were worth every penny.  For example, she had
2 play gyms, one a little more advanced, meaning it kind of had more to do,
as she grew.  It came with a mirror, many hanging toys, and a portable kick
pad, which would respond to her kicks with different songs and noises.  It
was a jungle theme, which went with our nursery, and I think it was $70, but
it entertained her for hours.  So did her bouncy seat, which we used when
she was about 6 weeks up until she was probably 4 months.  It always seemed
to calm her down, and helped her beginning motor skills, because there were
toys on the top she could reach for.  The play gyms help with tummy time,
motor skills, and cause and affect.  Good luck, and don't get too
overwhelmed.  It's easy to do.
    Nikki