[blparent] Items you couldn't live without

Dena Wainwright dena at envogueaccess.com
Mon Oct 12 09:51:13 UTC 2009

there's lots of great info in Leanne's post. I'll put a couple of comments
in with her message so I don't forget anything...
the frame that goes with the Graco SafeSeat is really great. it's quite
inexpensive compared to a stroller, and is also very light. it's not
fabulous to pull, but very few strollers are.
I think the sit 'n stroll actually does say that it's best for children 6
months plus, and if it doesn't, I would totally agree with Leanne that it is
not suitable for a younger baby without the ability to sit up.

I liked having a pplaypen as well. it was somewhere safe to put Elise when I
needed to get something done, or when I wanted her out of the reach of the
dogs. it's also nice to use as a crib when traveling. unfortunately, once
they get mobile, they really hate being in them...

as I said before, our swing kept me sane. however, Elise was like Leanne's
kids - she hated the bouncy seat. the Infant to Toddler Rocker she mentioned
is great. I only found out about it after Elise had outgrown the bouncy seat
and swing, and I wish I had known about it sooner. Elise likes hers, but
only when she's tired. I'm hoping she'll start climbing into it herself now
that she's more mobile. it's low to the ground, and you can lock it so it
doesn't rock.

the chimes Leanne mentioned are a huge hit here, too. Elise still likes the
way they sound. they are by Tiny Love.

Elise has never used teethers or soothers of any kind. I have several, and
they are totally unused.
regarding clothes, you may hear people talk about how a baby can go through
four outfits a day, and think that sounds ridiculous (I did), but it can
actually be true. especially if you have a reflux baby like I did, you can
end up changing your baby continually. as I said before, the fansy, matching
outfits are nice for occasions, but you really want inexpensive sleepers and
onesies. you can get packs of 6 onesies for $12 at target. they do the
trick, as your baby will outgrow things in a matter of weeks at first, and,
believe me when I tell you that there will be times when a mess is so
disgusting that you'll decide to pitch the onesie rather than trying to deal
with it.

Dena