[blparent] Toddler Toys

Eileen Levin eileenlevin at comcast.net
Wed Oct 14 01:41:33 UTC 2009

I find most people just buy whatever they think looks cute for toddlers.

Leapster phonix toys are educational and they talk which toddlers love.
Pretend food can be very confusing for a small toddler but a cooking set
with pots and pans keeps them interested at least until all the parts
disappear under the couch or behind the bed.  Any thing that hooks together
like mega blocks or train sets kept my sons interest for a time. The problem
is toddlers have short attention span so everything will keep their
attention for a few minutes then they are off to the next thing to conquer
and destroy. LOL

Toddlers love to put things in things (my son loved to hide his toys in his
socks), put items through things like toys through a fence or balls through
a tube, they like to take Every thing apart and scream terrible screams when
they can't get it to go back together again.

If your gift giver has a large wallet a toddler slide for indoors helps keep
them active during the winter but it can also get turned into a step stool
for getting into everything. Rocking horses and little ride on cars grocery
carts,  baby strollers, vacuum cleanres  for kids and those musical push
toys are other items that keep toddlers moving but again my boys figured out
how to turn them into step stools and weapons as well.
HTH,
Eileen