[blparent] Items you couldn't live without

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Wed Oct 14 18:25:56 UTC 2009

I agree with the fact that a changing table is a very nice thing to have.
Mine is actually a long dresser that comes a little past my waist.  It has
drawers for clothes and a cubbert for wipes, diapers, blankets, etc.  I have
a pad on top for the baby to lay on.  Any dresser or counter will do, as
long as it is sturdy and the right height.  I really did not prefer to
change Austin on the floor in the beginning because it hurt to have to bend
down when I first got home from the hospital.  Then, when Austin started
crawling changing him on the floor was almost impossible because he would
just roll or crawl away, or at least try his hardest to do so.  Sometimes it
was hard enough changing him on the table--let alone on the floor.  Now that
he's older, and, I hope, nearing the end of his diaper wearing time I do
change him on the floor occasionally, but still prefer the table, especially
with very messy diapers.
	My pack and play actually has an attachment that is a changing
surface.  It was really nice because I was able to have it set up downstairs
and not have to take Austin upstairs every time he needed his diaper
changed.  It ws also great on trips to have a changing "table" in hotel
rooms or at other people's houses.  Of course, if you have an apartment and
don't plan to take your baby traveling a lot with a Pack and Play then this
is probably unnecessary.  Just wanted to let you know the option was out
there.  My Pack and Play also has the bassinette attachment someone else
mentioned.  Again, it was nice to have Austin sleeping downstairs nearer to
me at times instead of always having to carry him upstairs for a nap.
Melissa