[blparent] Re-Introducing Myself

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Tue Oct 27 20:59:29 UTC 2009

Colleen, welcome back.  What I did to teach Gab things like you mentioned
was to buy some blocks from ILA (Independent Living Aids).  The blocks had
Braille in one corner that indicated what letter of the alphabet was on the
block. It said, blue b or red c.  Another thing I did was purchase books
from Seedlings.  They have books that are in Braille and print.  For
instance, one page might say red apple and it shows a picture of a red
apple.  The nice thing is you can also feel that apple.
Now on the otherhand, Leap Pad has some great books and they are fun for all
ages.  There is no Braille, but there is a voice and when someone puts the
computer pen on an object, the books says the name of that object.  I hope
this makes sense. V