[blparent] French Braid

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Wed Sep 2 11:52:58 UTC 2009

Hello Jessica,
I don't have any good resources.  The only thing that worked for me was
practice, practice, practice.  Perhaps start with regular braids or one big
regular braid so you can get the hang of doing that nice and tight.  Then
try a french braid.  It might help if Lucy's hair is wet, so maybe do it
after a bath or shower the first few times.  Also, if she has a doll with
long hair, or if you have a friend with long hair, you might be able to
practice on that before you start with Lucy.  I'd think it would be much
easier to braid someone's hair who is sitting still.  Also, if you have long
hair you can practice on yourself.  That's why I wanted to learn, and I got
very good at being able to french braid my own hair.  Now, of course, I only
have a son and I cut my hair after he was born, so all of that practice
isn't doing me any good at the moment.  I hope I'll have a daughter someday!
Good luck,
Melissa