[blparent] French Braid

Jessica Lucken pete1744 at umn.edu
Thu Sep 3 00:49:14 UTC 2009

Great plan.  I do mean to respond to your previous email you sent a couple
of months ago regarding the new baby but it has just been so crazy, that I
didn't want to elaborate too much.  Needless to say, we found out at 20
weeks in the ultrasound that our baby had many unexpected life threatening
problems including being way too small, a cyst on her neck and
nonfunctioning kidneys.  This was right before Christmas and we were
devastated.  We did an amnio and found out that the baby had Turner's
syndrome which is the opposite of downs which means she was missing a
chromosome.  Needless to say, there was no way she would have survived much
longer in the womb, so we scheduled an induction on December 31.  Angela
Grace was born at 12:42AM on January 1 weighing 1LB 8 ounces; she was so
heavy due to all of the extra fluid on her heart and brain.  I basically had
to recover from a normal birth without the baby as a reward.  The one good
thing was that we got to hold her and to take pictures of her.
Anyway, we are now expecting again, and it is little boy.  Everything is
perfect and he is due January 14.

I hope all is well with you and your family.