[blparent] Transporting children

Eileen Levin eileenlevin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 22:20:48 UTC 2009

I spend time with the adults in question before I leave my child with them.
I have some folks  that I feel perfectly comfortable leaving my child to
play with their child for an hour and other parents I know are heavy
drinkers or  don't bother to keep track of their child closely enough.  If
the parent in question isn't suitable then you could just say you have other
plans or make arrangements for someone else to transport your child. I have
a sighted husband but my son has missed many a party because we didn't have
transportation or were busy or sick.

My husband talks on the cell phone all the time even though there is a cell
phone law in NJ. But if I  spend any time around   another parent  it
doesn't take long to realize when  they have a cell phone addiction or are
simply using it as a tool. Also, what kind of driving is needed? Sites like
map quest are accessible  so if you have an address you can checkout the
route to    get an idea of the time and type of   driving involved.  If the
adult in question says it will just take 15 minutes and map quest says it
should take half an hour I might be   hesitant to send my child off with
them. smile
Eileen