[blparent] Introducing Myself and First Question

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Fri Sep 11 12:22:18 UTC 2009

All the ideas you've gotten work well though not always at the same
time. My daughter doesn't hold hands well when she's tired or hungry. I
can feel this when I take her hand, her grasp is different.
Also, be sure to balance staying with you, v. teaching valuable life
skills. All of us need to learn at some point how to buy an ice cream,
how to get directions from "strangers" stuff like that. And, we learn
these skills gradually and over time.
Also, there's nothing wrong with getting on the floor and being a few
inches away from your child.
Finally, when they are semiverbal, you can encourage them to talk to
you. People love to share stuff they like
Finally, you will discover that you can plan for everything and then
your plans won't work. And, you won't believe me until you see it
happen. The best advice I have is to enjoy your family, take things day
by day, and know that the day ends well if nobody gets hurt, you had fun
and you learned something, though what you learn may not be what you
expected. One should also learn more then they teach.
Finally, know that if the mall isn't fun or if Aunt B's house isn't fun
and/or you are exausted after going, you don't have to go.