[blparent] question about formulia

Eva Adams eadams15 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:57:19 UTC 2009

For powder formula it is one scoop for every 2 ounces of water. The amount
of formula you make depends on what your baby is eating at the time. If I
remember right new borns to about 3 months eat 2 to 4 ounce bottles. The
nurses in the hospital will help you figure out how much to feed your baby
at first if you choose to bottle feed. You up the amount of formula when
your baby seems to be not getting enough to eat. They can be fussy after
their bottle is gone, or they seem to get hungery about every 2 hours. You
increase the bottle by 2 ounces each time. They might not start eating the
full two ounces, but it is easier to make a 6 ounce bottle than a 5 ounces
bottle. Bottles are marked at every two ounces starting with two.

Eva