[blparent] Miranda, and others: Re: Suggestions and Literature On Educating My New Dr., On Blindness

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Apr 1 07:03:21 UTC 2010

Hi Miranda, I'm Eric Calhoun.  I found your message, and the dialogue very
interesting!

Here is what I have to say on the subject:

I belong to this list, and blindkid, which is a companion to this list.
Everyday, I hear of stories of issues like caring for kids, changing
diapers, and feeding schedules.  Might I suggest getting in touch with my
friends at the NFB National Offices, and getting materials from the gift
shop at the National Center.  Also check any of the Kernel Books edited by
Kenneth Jernigan, or by others.  They also available for our sighted
friends.

Get ahold of Future Reflections, a publication of the National
Organization of Parents with Blind Children.  The President is Carol
Castellano.

Finally, talk to the people on this, and the blindkid list!
(blindkid-subscribe at nfbnet.org, or you can sign up by going to the main
page of nfbnet.org.)

Excuse some of these doctors.  They need to be educated, but confidence
is the key.  Period.  End of sentence.

I am on Facebook as well: eric at pmpmail.com.

May God Bless.

Eric
..

..

..

Attention please!

..

Don't miss the new-and-improved college baseball list!

..

LSU, the Florida Schools, and the California Schools!

..

..

It's all good!

..