[blparent] junior youth activities

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Mon Apr 19 15:52:20 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I was looking at the April Braille Monitor and found the new Junior Youth activities for kids ages 11-14.  They are a part of NOPBC and I'm wondering if it would be appropriate for my sighted son to attend? The activities look great and I think he would enjoy many of them, but I don't want to cause a blind youth to not be able to participate who might not otherwise get a similar opportunity.  I also would like my son to meet kids his own age, have some freedom to attend things on his own and hopefully to get some peer support. He is pretty isolated from positive blind people outside of convention.

I know next to nothing about NOPBC, is there someone I could contact that would be better equipped to answer my question?

Thanks!
Julie