[blparent] A quick guide dog question

Joy Wolf joy at kevinlwolf.net
Wed Apr 28 21:44:36 UTC 2010

Karla:

I didn't notice your reference to allergies.  Most of the schools do not
train the type of dog you're likely to need.  Guide dog Foundation does
train standard Poodles and Lab Poodle crosses, both of which are supposed to
be less bothersome to allergies.  I went to Guide dogs for the Blind this
last time, and don't believe they train either of those.  Sharon might be
able to answer about Guiding Eyes because I'm not certain.  I also know that
Guide Dogs of America was trying some standard Poodles, and that Pilot Dogs
does quite a lot of Poodles, but not sure what the current in home policy is
for either of those.  Hth.

Joy and family