[blparent] sighted children at convention?

Amy Murillo-Hicks amym2 at cox.net
Thu Apr 29 04:28:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am so behind on my e-mails, and just saw your post.  My son is 13 as well,
and I am deciding if I want to bring him along.  I am coming with my work
with about 13 other students and staff, and trying to determine if there
will be stuff to do that he will be  interested in while I am there and
busy.

Jordan has a good grasp on how to handle situations where both adults and
children behave badley.  Maybe he and your son could share some experiences.
I'm sure there are some things that he feels that he may not tell me about
because I'm mom.  It's good to know there will be another 13 year old boy.

Has anyone else brought their kids to convention, and what did they do.  Is
it OK to send them to hang out with the blind teen activities, how does that
work out?