[blparent] A quick guide dog question

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu Apr 29 12:09:24 UTC 2010

Grooming costs are way high because if they aren't clipped, they will
shed.
Also, Carla's husband may be allergic to the salivia not the hair in
which case a poodle wouldn't help.
Also, Carla may not work well with a poodle, there energy levels are
real high, meaning that unless they're kept busy, they find stuff to do,
stuff she may not like. Much of guide dog work is hurry up and wait type
of work. Also, keep in mind that Calra may be real busy taking care of a
sick kid, that doesn't mean the dog is busy.
Poodles are great dogs, but like any breed, they do need to be matched
with the right person with the right lifestyle.
What I'm getting at is that just "getting a poodle" may or may not be
appropriate for Carla.