[blparent] Potty training

Karla Hudson HudsonKC at msu.edu
Sun Aug 1 01:47:23 UTC 2010

Hi Group,

We used rewards such as M and M's and chocolate kisses if you actually
performed in the potty. Taking the child at key times during the day in
order that they will have success also helps. We also had our children sit
on the potty and looked at books with them for five to ten minutes at a
time. I also used some underwear I purchased at target that was a little
thicker on the private part area. I have heard the recommendation to put a
long t-shirt on the child and let them run around outside. Once they wet
outside they may get a better understanding of where the fluid is coming
from which helps. I never tried this just head from dr. Sears that this
might be an option. You really need to set some period of time aside to say
this is what we are going to do  and make sure others around you are in for
the job. Also, having a person the child can call to announce their success
to is fun for the child as well. You know a grandma or an aunt.

Karla