[blparent] potty training

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 18:47:08 UTC 2010

I wasn't offended just a bit frustrated. You're not the first person to
comment on his age. He has been using the big toilet since he was 15 months
on a fairly regular basis. He sits on it willingly every time we put him
there and looks at books he sometimes wakes up from a nap dry and pees in
the toilet if we get to him quick enough and last night I asked him if he
needed to pee and for the first time he said yes, of course he had already
peed but, at least no isn't the only word for it now. LOL. He wouldn't use a
potty he had to use the big toilet from the very start. Now he can get down
all by himself and of course mr. independent won't let you help. LOL. They
grow up way too fast IMO. I think now we are ready to take the next step to
training pants. We tried regular underwear for a few days but, it makes him
very uncomfortable so I thought training pants might be a better transition
for him. I think the mess scares him because when he pees on us or something
(and of course a person is going to react to getting peed on I don't care
who you are) he gets upset. We just jump up in shock but, he is painfully
sensitive and his feeling get hurt very easy. I remember one time he bit me
and I yelled because it hurt, he cried for a long time and hasn't done it
since, that was at least 5 months ago.

Message: 5