[blparent] gOOD mORNING... i HAVE A QUESTION

Sharin coffeemommy at verizon.net
Thu Aug 19 14:13:49 UTC 2010

I've heard that sometime around 3 is average for kids showing readiness
signs for potty training; boys are sometimes a little later than girls but
all depends on the child. My boys were about 3 and a half when they got out
of diapers but still had pull-ups at night till they were 5. Your son sounds
like he's doing just fine, and a bit ahead interms of his letters and
shapes, etc.

Some of my favorite toys websites are:

ABC school supplies inc.
Back to basics toys
Growing trees toys
Fatbraintoys

Sorry don't have links here but you can google the names. You can usually
search toys by age and category.

Here are some of my favorite informational websites that can give you ideas
of average milestones for each age:

Keepkidshealthy.com
Babycenter.com
Zerotothree.org

In terms of your kidnapping fears and the threats from your mil, you could
look into these inexpensive magnetic alarms for doors and windows. If the
door/window is opened, it makes a really loud sound. Sometimes our children
feel what we are feeling despite our best efforts not to show it. I hope
that doesn't sound judgmental at all; I'd be worried to if someone was
threatening to take my kids away. I looked into these when one of my sons
went through a phase where he decided to go on his own adventures. One
website is
Mypreciouskid.com
Which has the alarms for about $10 each but you may be able to find cheaper
ones.

Hope this helps.
Sharin