[blparent] Wax museum

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Dec 16 04:01:31 UTC 2010

So today Gab's class and all the 5th grade classes at her school
participated in a wax museium  Each class had a different theme, Gab's class
had figures from the late 1800's, the neighbor's class did all presidents
and so on and so forth.
Gab was E. B. White.  He was the author who wrote children's stories such as
charlotte's Web and Stuart Little.  At first, she was going to dress like a
well dressed business man since the picture on all the books we found,
portrayed him that way.  Then I found a blurp that said he lived on a farm
and was disheveled.  So last Saturday Gab and I walked over to GoodWill and
bought some old blue jeans and a large flannel shirt and a big straw hat.
She tied her hair up, so to look like a man. Her teacher said she portrayed
him quite well.
So these wax figures had to stand next to their desk where there was a
button to push.  When museum goers came in, they'd push the button and the
figure would have to talk and tell about themselves.