[blparent] it's a first!

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Fri Dec 24 00:14:16 UTC 2010

Those of you who understand about my children will appreciate this story.
Paul was offered one of those garlic-flavored hard breadsticks to try.  He liked it so was asked if he wanted more breadsticks--which he did.  I walked over to the play room door and Jesse was crouched in the doorway.  I asked him what he wanted and he took off for the table.  He wanted some, too.  He has never done that before.  Consequently he had a second supper of french fries, breadsticks and s'more goldfish.

It's so nice to see Jesse starting to try communicating with us.  I knew the doctor would find an ear infection today because at therapy Tuesday he wanted the OT to put lots of pressure on the sides of his head and especially his right side.  He'd just begun hitting himself in the head the day before.  Let me tell you, he hits his head hard!  He went to hit his head at the doctor's office and hit me in the nose instead because I was leaning my cheek on the top of his head.  Almiost brought tears to my eyes.
Barbara

Through the sunny fields of yesterday
Echo voices of children now grown,
Their golden peals of laughter