[blparent] Homeschooling as a Blind parent

Jane Jordan (GMail) juanitatighan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 00:50:45 UTC 2010

I'm the blind half of the duo here, and we too are home-schooling.
First, Google or check out your state's Department of Education site or
equivalent and find the standards.  We found standards for Pennsylvania
in PDF format. Read through them and start looking for online resources.

I did a very simple set of lessons on time.  Actually, all we did was
read a book that had a Braille clock in it over and over and I had
Heather change the time. It helped her improve on numbers and it taught
her how to tell time as well.  Computer work is so-so.  We've got her on
pbskids.org a lot and playing the games there, since now she knows her
alphabet she is wanting to figure out how to spell.

Just a few thoughts.

Jane