[blparent] Diapers - Reuseable? Or, disposable?

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 17:37:25 UTC 2010

Hi Miranda,
I used disposable diapers with my first 2, and I used right aid brand (not
sure if they exist any more but we don't have one near us).  They worked
well and didn't cost as much as the higher end brands.  However, my third
child made me switch to cloth when she developed some strange marks from
both Huggies and Luvs.  I have only used disposable diapers a few times
since then, when she was 3 months old (she's 2 now), and that was when I ran
out of cloth while I was at church, and for one trip when she was a toddler.
I didn't know about G Diapers when we switched, or I may have looked into
those.  But we use cloth, and we have a sprayer hooked up to the toilet that
we use to spray off the mess before washing.  It just depends if you're
willing to do that.  It's also an extra load of laundry every 2 to 3 days,
but I don't mind it.  They're cute and comfy for my baby, environmentally
friendly, and we don't have to constantly run to the store for diapers.  I
use cloth wipes as well.
Leanne