[blparent] Carseats for children 1 year-old or older?

Miranda Borka knownoflove at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:37:46 UTC 2010

Hi Leanne,
If you go to Walmart's website and search for MyRide65, you can see the feature list and Q&A.
If you want to actually get a live demo of one, Babies R Us does sell them. The MyRide65 holds up to 65 lbs with a 5-point harness and a hight limit of 49 inches. The carseat itself actually converts into a harnessed booster seat.
As I said in a previous post, we're considering using this in conjunction with the GoGo Kids Travel Mate. It seems more cost effective than buying a Sit N Stroll, moving to a harnessed booster seat and either staying with that until the child can sit in a regular car (which isn't common), or going to a non-backed/non-harnessed booster seat after the child is 50 lbs.
Also, when it comes to the harnessed and non-harnessed booster seats there's no way to carry them around. Whereas with the MyRide65, you can wheel it around with the GoGo Travel Mate.
It is recommended that a child be in a harnessed booster seat until they are 49 inches tall, because the regular shoulder straps on a seatbelt cross your shoulder at 49 inches.
Hth, and have a great day!

In Christ, Miranda