[blparent] measuring meds in drops

Louise Walch braille at nbpcb.org
Mon Feb 22 21:21:23 UTC 2010

Another idea regarding measuring drops:

You said your husband usually measures the drops out into a cup and then
adds water. I've given this a little bit of thought because I'm facing a
similar challenge for the first time. A way to do this non-visually would
be, using the hand that holds the cup, hold a finger (or two fingers
together) out over the rim of the cup and hold the end of the eye dropper
just above your finger so that you can feel and count each drop as it passes
into the cup. Then, if you leave your finger out over the cup when you add
the water, you can wash off what was left on your finger and it will still
make it into the solution. If you feel like you need practice, you could
practice with just water in the eye dropper.

Still welcoming confirmation or other ideas from those of you who have dealt
successfully with measuring drops.

Thanks,

Louise

Louise G. Walch