[blparent] Parenting Question about potty training; not exactly blindness related! Sorry!

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:26:19 UTC 2010

Hi Melissa,
I recommend that you definitely keep him in the underwear.  I know it's
frustrating, but I think you have to just keep doing what you're doing.  My
daughter held it like that too, and I just made her sit on the potty until
she finally went.  I used stickers with her, and when she got 5 stickers she
got to pick something fun to do.  She chose to have her nails painted.
Maybe you could find something you know he really likes to do and try
something like that?  She finally got it down completely when she was just
over 3.  I think potty training is the hardest part of parenting so far. lol
I try to catch my daughter when she's really quiet, because that's usually a
sign that she's going.  Sometimes I wish I could see their face, because I
know sighted people can sometimes see that they're trying to go and rush
them to the potty.  So there you go, it is blind parenting related. haha
Take care,
Leanne