[blparent] clarification on a cloth diapering question

Scott Lawlor sklawlor at mac.com
Fri Feb 26 22:45:44 UTC 2010

Hi.

Now that Leah is big enough to use these, or at least we think she is, I
wanted to just be clear on the care of the bum genius cloth diapers.

I guess an oversight on my part when choosing this diapering method is that
I don't do well with lots of choices, no matter what the situation so when I
read that there are as many ways to care for these diapers as there are
routines, the potential for me to feel a bit overwhelmed does indeed exist.

The instructions that came with our packages say to wash 3 to 5 times before
use.

In terms of drying these, is it okay to dry the inserts on a heated setting
if it's set to delicate?  The outer covers seem to dry relatively fast on a
simple airdry cycle which had no heat but the inserts are obviously still
wet after a couple of said cycle.

Thanks for the clarification.

Scott