[blparent] toddler development question

Dena Wainwright dena at envogueaccess.com
Fri Jan 1 05:25:42 UTC 2010

the other thing is that those age ranges on the toys are just estimates, and
they can often be meaningless. obviously, if it has small parts, or poses
some other safety risk, then the ranges should be more strictly followed,
but sometimes they make no sense to me. sometimes, I find that the age at
the bottom of the estimated range is way too low, and it takes months past
the age on the box for Elise to want to interact with a toy. other times, I
have gotten her something, even though it says that she shouldn't want to
play with it for a year, and she loves it. a great example are the little
musical instruments she got for Christmas. the age range on them is 3 and
up, but I'm not sure why a younger child wouldn't want to play with bells
and little drums, etc.
Dena