[blparent] putting toys together

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC Inc) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu Jan 7 19:23:23 UTC 2010

You could always just give him the train set and let him figure it out.
We got our daughter a Geotrax set and she didn't touch it for about a
year. I was very close to taking it to a consignment store. Then I had
left it in a corner where she could see it, and the day I was to take it
to the store, she started playing with it.
I take the view that it's my job to play with my daughter, not play for
her. If she needs help, she can ask me, but often with trains, the fun
is in setting up the tracks. If the toy is for your son. V. for you,
just let him figure it out
Tell him he's got the ability to figure this out, v. making it a
blindness issue. If you want, you can give him the picture as a hint,
after all puzzles have pictures so treat this as just a puzzle.