[blparent] Choosing Your Battles with Your Children

Rhonda Scott earthmagic7 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 22 16:42:09 UTC 2010

Veronica,

You are right, I just need to believe in myself. My husband supports me so
well. But he says as yours does, that I have patience for so much except
when it comes to Deven. He has his moments too though, so I get the chance
to tease him about that.

And it is a wise and reassuring thing to talk with other parents and find
that he is not really so much different in a lot of his ways. That helps me
feel stronger in dealing with his attitudes and behaviors.

I didn't get the chance to be a parent till now, and I'm almost 40. But God
has a reason for everything. Maybe I am the one to help Deven be everything
he can be, and it's my chance to do that finally.

So thank you so much for sharing your perspective.

Rhonda