[blparent] potty training

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 02:12:16 UTC 2010

Starting the wonderful Potty training process. One of our biggest parenting
fears. any tips? We can never tell when he has to go and using underwear
just seems way too messy for us since we can hardly find out where he goes
and our house has carpet in every room except the kitchen and the bathrooms
I hate carpet. I heard that pull ups are not the best because it's too much
like a diaper and I believe it since our son treats them as such. Some one
suggested using underwear with a pull up over them. He is averaging peeing
half in the toilet and half in his pants and hasn't tried to do # 2 in the
toilet yet which I expected would be the case. I remember when we started
the adoption process and this was in the top 5 list of parenting dreads.
Myles has shown interest for a long time and right now we have a window of
opportunity, It's summer, we have a decent time period of little upheaval
and busyness, I know it's a good time to really go for it but, what do I do
next that won't ruin my carpets and furniture. any ideas would be great.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!