[blparent] Guide dogs and little ones.

Joy Wolf joy at kevinlwolf.net
Tue Mar 9 03:39:00 UTC 2010

Hi Elizabeth:

I can certainly understand why you made that decision.  I do think it's a
very individual thing, but the decision to get a guide dog is never one to
be taken lightly.  I think that's even more true when you have to think
about balancing your needs, the needs of kids, and the needs of that dog.  I
will always be glad I did get my guides, but again, I think it's something
to think through very carefully.  I will say that, although I do work with
my dog on a regular basis, there are still some places and situations where
I just choose to leave her at home simply because it would be more difficult
to take her.  So, there is something to be said for putting that decision
off at least until kids are older.  And then some people choose never to use
a dog for travel, and I think it comes down to deciding what works best for
you as an individual.  There I go rambling again, lol.  You will all learn
of this bad habbit I have soon enough anyway.  I can write novels if given
half the chance.  Have a good night everyone.

Joy and family