[blparent] child leashes

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Mon Mar 15 16:59:37 UTC 2010

I've used one of those leashes at church, and they're great in some
situations.  It won't be long, though, till Claire will want more
independence than the leash can give her.  I've taken to hooking one of
those retractable dog leashes onto the backpack that Sarah wears, so she has
a little more room to run.  The retractable leash doesn't get tangled up as
easily as a regular one would, and if it's demeaning, well, better wearing
that than being featured on a milk carton.

The other thing is, try to teach your little girl to answer you when you
call her.  We're still working on that--Sarah usually says, "What, Sarah"
when I say her name, but it's a start.

As to letting Claire stray farther than the leash will allow, I'm interested
in hearing what others have to say.  Sarah and Claire are nearly the same
age, I believe, and Sarah is wanting more freedom now.