[blparent] activities that can be done with children

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Sat Mar 27 23:43:14 UTC 2010

I also don't see why not.  You could go together, or perhaps one of you
could go one week and the other could go the next time.  Might be a nice
time for one of you to have a little adult time and know your daughter is in
the great hands of the other parent.  My husband and I both took our son to
swimming lessons a few times.  It was a little strange because we were the
only couple there with our child, but this didn't bother us at all.  We've
also taken him to tumbling classes together--again, we're usually the only
couple, but we're very happy to be able to both share moments with our son.
My husband is especially happy when we can do things together on the
weekends because he works during the week.  If you have a YMCA in your area,
I know they often offer different classes on a sliding scale, or with
scholarships for low income families.
Melissa