[blparent] A quick guide dog question

Joy Wolf joy at kevinlwolf.net
Wed May 5 01:45:47 UTC 2010

Hi:

Well, I think there are two answers to this question.  The first is one of
those not really realizing what you have until it's gone kind of things,
lol.  I did use leash guiding a lot without even thinking about it.  So,
although I knew it was valuable, I didn't know just how much I valued it
until I did not have that option.  Having said that, the main reason I
switched schools was a simple lack of communication.  I think GDF is an
outstanding school who puts out wonderful dogs, but at the time I was
re-applying for a guide there were a ton of changes going on there, and
there was next to no communication between grad services and
current/prospective students.  I guess I just thought that more follow-up
and in the field assistance was something I wanted, and as a larger school
GDB certainly has that.  Hth.

Joy and family