[blparent] naming body parts.

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 20:32:04 UTC 2010

Hey y'all,
I hope this isn't considered off topic. It's a parenting issue, while not
specifically a blind parent issue.
Savannah is really into asking, "what's this?" Body parts was the game this
morning. I was changing her diaper and she pointed to her vagina and asked,
what's this.  I simply replied, it's your vagina.
I've been thinking. Many people have little names for private parts.  I
could make a list of the rediculous to the common, but i'll refrain. I was
just curious how other parents have approached or plan to approach naming
the private areas.
But also things like stomach vs. belly and other correct names vs common
names for body parts. elbow vs funny bone, things like that.
Pipi