[blparent] toddler in crowds

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Sun May 9 20:15:58 UTC 2010

Sooo went to Moncton this weekend for a missions trip. a 1 nighter. Anyway
how do you guys cope with being in large crowds with a toddler who loves to
wander. He's a good kid but, can't keep still to save his life. We were at
an overnight shelter, (the one we used to work at) and I found it really
nerve racking. I used the harness when I could but, I'm one of the singers
so had to be up front and get some friends to watch him. Most of my friends
are sighted so it's easier for them to chase him around the center. well I
am claustrophobic as well so crowds freak me out anyway and with a toddler
running around it's 10 times worse. I was sort of fine until I had to rely
totally on my friends that's hard. His birth mom was there too and had him
much of the time so I was a little wary and was constantly straining to know
where he was and half the time I didn't know exactly. I trust my friends
but, I'm not always going to have the option of having them around every
time I take a trip. We did well on this trip but, quite leary about taking
another one.
--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!