[blparent] need urgent help

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Mon May 24 19:51:55 UTC 2010

I may be wrong but I don't think CPS normally works to take children away if
there is no history.  In other words, they usually are reactive not
proactive.  If they're being pro-active, it probably is--as someone said--an
overzealous worker.  If the family and the blind child do not get along, the
family may be part of this problem, too.
But whatever the circumstances, the parents have not proved themselves unfit
parents so CPS has no right to remove the baby.
Many sighted parents have been lousy parents and kept their kids, these
people are just acting on their fears.  If they can't talk rationally with
the social worker, maybe another blind person who knows them could be at an
arranged meeting.  The contacts that have been given in other messages
should definitely be used.  Fear motivates people to do irrational things.
Barbara

Yesterday is
A path well-trod,
A familiar lane