[blparent] dealing with the public

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed May 26 12:55:58 UTC 2010

Leslie,
People at church often go to get their baby fix and if you aren't at
this point yet, you'll discover that these women can be a godsend
(pardon the pun) when all you want to do is sit for an hour and *not*
hold your baby. If you aren't there yet, you will be.
To keep someone out of your baby's space, pick him up and bring him into
yours. It may or may not calm him down if he's not wanting to be held,
but it will keep these women at bay.
As for your own emotions, I can't help you there. You'll find though
that as babies get older, they often want someone other then Mom. Mom is
still way important but we all need a change of person and scenery. Dad
is a "new person" so once he showed up, the women were okay with that.
Again, I wouldn't take this personally unless there's other data here
you've left out.