[blparent] Gift Suggestions for a 9-year-old?

Allison amh.tweet.me at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 03:55:13 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

My name's Allison and I was on this list six months or so ago.  I took a break because I've been incredibly busy.  But I missed the great advice and suggestions I got from everyone so I re-subscribed.

Anyway, onto the main point of my post.  My stepson, Nathaniel, turns 9 at the end of this month.  He's sighted and I'm blind.  I'm searching out fun and accessible gifts for him.  We have a couple of tactile games already, like Uno and Connect 4, but he's getting kinda too old for those.  They're not as exciting for him as they once were.  I've gotten him a couple gifts already, but I'm looking for more suggestions.  Especially in terms of games that we can play together.  I'm looking for board, card, or computer games.  He likes any of those.  I really don't know of a lot of games that someone blind and someone sighted can play together.  I'd appreciate suggestions from you guys.

Thanks,
Allison