[blparent] Gifts for Ten Year Old

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Nov 9 14:39:25 UTC 2010

Hello Alison,

There are tons of card games out there.  http://www.braillebooks.com used to
have a whole book with rules for card games.  Maybe you could buy the book
in Braille and then you could teach him some fun games; you could buy him a
print book with card games too and, even if it's not the same book, maybe he
could read you the rules for different games and you could play together.
Cribbage is fun; it's a card game but you need a special board to keep
score.  Backgamon is also challenging and you should be able to find an
accessible one.  I think just browsing sites such as Independent Living
Aids, the NFB independence market, the Braille Books site I mentioned, which
also sells games, and even Sopeak To Me will give you a lot of info about
what's out there.