[blparent] Gifts for Ten Year Old

Louise Walch braille at nbpcb.org
Tue Nov 9 17:16:27 UTC 2010

Great suggestions thus far. As others have said, you can adapt many board
games yourself. One in particular is travel scrabble. The travel scrabble
pieces fit into the board so they don't move when you feel them and they are
just about the right size for putting dimo tape letters on the pieces.

Also, the Bop-it games are great for sighted and blind alike and there are
several versions. You can play in groups or by yourself. It's kind of like a
Simon Says game where the gadget says "bop it" "pull it" or "twist it"etc.
and you have to push, pull or twist the different buttons or levers in time
with the beat. It's pretty fun. Heck, I might dig it out of the closet this
afternoon since it's not just fun for kids.

Louise

Louise G. Walch
NBPCB Coordinator
braille at nbpcb.org